POLICY ON PERSONAL DATA
1. 218 Apartment value all personal information provided by their customers, and this note sets out 218 Apartment's policy and practices in relation to personal data and the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance").
2. The Ordinance protects the privacy of individuals by controlling the manner in which personal data may be collected, held, processed and used. Any personal information collected and recorded by 218 Apartment in relation to a customer, from which the identity of the customer can be ascertained, will be subject to regulation by the Ordinance.
3. From time to time, it will be necessary for customers to supply 218 Apartment with certain personal data in connection with the commencement or continuation of leasing, development, selling, buying, management or other related services (the "Services").
4. Failure to supply such personal data may result in the delay or inability of 218 Apartment to, or to continue to, carry out the Services.
5. Personal data will be used by
218 Apartment in connection with its provision
or termination of the Services, in particular:
6. 218 Apartment may make such enquiries
as they consider necessary to confirm the
accuracy of the personal data of the customers
and 218 Apartment may transfer (whether within
or outside Hong Kong), disclose and/or exchange
personal data of the customers to and/or with
all such entities as 218 Apartment may consider
necessary, including the following entities:-
7. Any of the entities referred to above may utilise the personal data in the course of any business or performance of any duty or function carried on by such entity.
8. A customer is entitled to request 218 Apartment to cease to use his or her personal data for the purpose specified in 5(j) above and on receipt of such a request 218 Apartment shall cease to use such personal data for such purpose.
9. In accordance with the terms of
the Ordinance and subject to exemptions specified
in the Ordinance, any customer:-
10. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, 218 Apartment have the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
11. Requests for access to personal
data, correction of personal data and information
relating to the kind of personal data held,
may be made in writing by post to:-